Everyone knows the Gold Coast for its beaches and parties. And rightfully so.
Zstockphotos / Getty Images
Really, who can resist the good surf, and chill culture? It’s the quintessential Australian way of life. But there’s more to the Gold Coast than its seaside fair.
Jenny Bonner / Getty Images
1. Why not watch the sunrise from a hot air balloon?
2. As the fog clears, marvel at the beauty of the Hinterland.
A hot air balloon ride between Beaudesert and Canungra.
3. Abseil down this heart-shaped natural pool in Killarney Glen in Lower Beechmont.
4. Re-acquaint yourself with nature at Curtis Falls in Tamborine Mountain National Park.
5. Get lost in the Lamington National Park and find yourself refreshed at Moran Falls.
6. Lie on your back and watch the stars at Jacobs Well.
7. This is the road to O’Reilly’s Rainforest Retreat…
8. …And this is the trek that you’re treated to in its forest.
9. Really, the Gold Coast is blessed with natural wonders. It’s just waiting for you to explore it.
Continue reading on the next page…