1. Australia is as wide as the distance between London to Moscow.
2. The biggest property in Australia is bigger than Belgium.
3. More than 85% of Australians live within 50km of the coast.
4. Australia was the second country in the world to allow women to vote (New Zealand was first).
5. The world’s oldest fossil, which is about 3.4 billion years old, was found in Australia.
6. Australia is very sparsely populated: The UK has 248.25 persons per square kilometre, while Australia has only 2.66 persons per square kilometre.
7. Australia has the highest electricity prices in the world.
8. There were over one million feral camels in outback Australia, until the government launched the $19m Feral Camel Management Program, which aims to keep the pest problem under control.
Continue reading on the next page…
1 / 3